Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones, Bluetooth Headset with Mic for Phone Calls, 30 Hours Battery Life, Quick Charge, Touch Control & Alexa Voice Control. The Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones blend our most advanced noise-canceling with exceptional sound quality and a range of smart features for an unrivaled listening experience.
Industry-leading noise cancellation technology means you hear every word, note, and tune with incredible clarity, no matter your environment. These noise-canceling headphones feature additional microphones that assist in isolating sound for a reduction of even more high and mid-frequency sounds.
Dual noise sensor technology, featuring two microphones on each earcup, captures ambient noise and passes the data to the HD Noise-Cancelling Processor QN1e. Using a new algorithm, the HD Noise-Cancelling Processor QN1e then applies noise-canceling processing in real-time to a range of acoustic environments.
Working together with a new Bluetooth Audio SoC (System on Chip), it senses and adjusts to music and noise signals, as well as acoustic characteristics between the driver unit and ears, over 700 times per second. To maximize noise-canceling performance, the Sony headphones incorporate two technologies: Personal Noise-Cancelling Optimizer, designed specifically for you, and Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing, designed specifically for air travel.
Adjust ambient sound with the Sony, Headphones Connect app to cancel noise while still allowing essential sounds, like overhead announcements, through when you’re listening on the move. LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps) than conventional BLUETOOTH audio, allowing you to enjoy High-Resolution Audio content in exceptional quality, as close as possible to that of a dedicated wired connection.
A built-in analogy amplifier integrated with the HD Noise-Cancelling Processor QN1 realizes an unmatched signal-to-noise ratio for low distortion and exceptional sound quality for portable devices.
- Digital noise canceling: Industry-leading Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) lends a personalized, virtually soundproof experience in any situation.
- Voice Assistant: Alexa, Google Assistant & Siri enabled (In-built) for voice access to music, information, and more. Activate with a simple touch.
- Speak-to-chat: Headphones use an array of smart technologies to create a seamless, hands-free listening experience. For eg, simply start speaking to automatically pause your music in Speak-to-Chat.
- Wearing Detection: A proximity sensor and two acceleration sensors in your headphones can detect whether you’re wearing them or not, then adapt playback accordingly to help save battery power.
- Quick attention mode: Cover the right ear cup with your palm to turn down the music for instant, easy conversation.
- Smart listening: WH-1000XM4 adjusts the ambient sound to your activity to give you the best noise cancellation.
- Long battery life: A single charge provides up to 30 hrs of playtime for reliable all-day listening.
- Quick charging: Quick charge for 10min charge for 5 hours playback.
- Touch controls: Change the track, turn the volume up or down and take or make calls by tapping or swiping the panel with your fingertip.
Sony WH-1000XM4 Specification
|Dimensions||18.47 x 7.7 x 25.25 cm|
|Drive Size||40 mm, dome type (CCAW Voice coil)|
|Impedance||40 Ω (1 kHz)|
|Frequency Response||4 Hz-40,000 Hz|
|Battery Type||Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery|
|Playback Time||30 hours|
|Charging Time||3 hours|
|Charging Port||USB Type-C|
|Connector||Bluetooth, Wireless, Wired|
|Bluetooth Version||Version 5.0|
|Bluetooth Range||10 m (30 ft)|
|Frequency Range||2.4 GHz band (2.4000 GHz–2.4835 GHz)|
|Bluetooth Profile||A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP|
|Cord Type||Single-sided (Detachable)|
|Cable Length||1.2 m, OFC strands|
|Plug||Gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini-plug|
|Noise Cancelling On/Off Switch||Yes|
|Personal NC Optimiser||Yes|
|Atmospheric Pressure Optimising||Yes|
|Ambient Sound Mode||Yes|
|Compatible Devices||Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops, Etc.|
|Volume Control||Touch Sensor|
|Box Content||Carrying case|
Plug adaptor for in-flight use
Headphone cable (approx. 1.2 m)
USB cable: Type-C (approx. 20 cm)
- Industry-leading noise cancellation: Whether you’re flying long haul or relaxing in a café, the Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones deliver our best ever noise-canceling performance, keeping out even more high- and mid-frequency sounds.
- The technology behind the noise cancellation: Dual noise sensor technology, featuring two microphones on each earcup, captures ambient noise and passes the data to the HD Noise-Cancelling Processor QN1. Using a new algorithm, the HD Noise-Cancelling Processor QN1 then applies noise-canceling processing in real-time to a range of acoustic environments. Working together with a new Bluetooth Audio SoC (System on Chip), it senses and adjusts to music and noise signals, as well as acoustic characteristics between the driver unit and ears, over 700 times per second.
- Optimizing noise canceling: The Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones incorporate two technologies to maximize noise-canceling performance. Unique Atmospheric Pressure Optimising delivers optimal sound at high altitude while Personal Noise Cancellation Optimiser analyses unique sonic characteristics caused by head size, glasses, and hair, then tailors sound to you.
- Ambient Sound Control: Adjust ambient sound with the Sony | Headphones Connect app to cancel noise while still allowing essential sounds, like transport announcements, through when you’re listening on the move.
- The sound you can believe in: A built-in analog amplifier integrated with the HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1 realizes an unmatched signal-to-noise ratio for low distortion and exceptional sound quality for portable devices. Powerful 40-mm drivers with Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) diaphragms make the headphones perfect for handling heavy beats and can reproduce a full range of frequencies up to 40 kHz.
- Wireless freedom, premium sound: LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps) than conventional BLUETOOTH® audio, allowing you to enjoy High-Resolution Audio content in exceptional quality, as close as possible to that of a dedicated wired connection.
- Real-time restoration of all your compressed files: Using Edge-AI (Artificial Intelligence) co-developed with Sony Music Entertainment, DSEE Extreme™ (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) upscales compressed digital music files in real-time. Dynamically recognizing the instrumentation, musical genres, and individual elements of each song, such as vocals or interludes, it restores the high-range sound lost in compression for a richer, more complete listening experience.
- Adaptive Sound Control automatically adjusts to your location and behavior: Adaptive Sound Control is a smart function that can learn to recognize locations you frequently visit, such as your workplace or favorite café, and tailor sound for the ideal listening experience. In addition, it automatically detects what you’re up to—for example, walking, waiting, or traveling—then adjusts ambient sound settings to suit the situation.
- For everyday convenience, just Speak-to-Chat: As soon as you speak to someone, Speak-to-Chat automatically stops the music and lets in ambient sound so you can conduct a conversation—handy if you want to keep your headphones on, or your hands are full. Based on Precise Voice Pickup Technology, this smart feature uses five microphones built into your headphones and advanced audio signal processing to recognize and react to your voice. And once your chat is over, your music starts playing again automatically.
- Headphones that react to you: A proximity sensor in your headphones can detect whether you’re wearing them or not, then adapt playback accordingly to help save battery power. Take off your headphones and the music pauses automatically. Put the headphones back on and the music automatically resumes.
- Wear all day in total comfort: The Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones blend sophisticated styling with exceptional comfort. Super-soft, pressure-relieving earpads in foamed urethane evenly distribute pressure and increase ear/pad contact for a stable fit. And with a lighter-weight design, you’ll barely notice you’re wearing them.
- Quick Attention: Need to quickly hear voices or sounds around you? Just place your hand over the housing to instantly turn your music volume down and let ambient sound in.
- All-day power and quick charging: With a huge 30 hours of battery life you’ll have enough power even for long trips. And if you need to top up in a hurry, you can get 5 hours’ worth of charge after just 10 minutes with the optional AC adaptor.
- Be smarter with Voice Assistant: Manage your day, just by asking your assistant. Enjoy entertainment, connect with friends, get information, listen to music and notifications, set reminders, and more.
- Clearer hands-free calling: Conversation flows freely with easy, hands-free calling. Leave your phone where it is, just speaks with a double-tap. Thanks to Precise Voice Pickup Technology, which combines five built-in microphones with advanced audio signal processing, Sony WH-1000XM4 delivers clearer voice quality to the other person on the phone.
- Control at your fingertips: Change the track, turn the volume up or down, and take or make calls just by tapping or swiping the panel.
- Swivel foldable structure: The ear cups swivel inwards so they pack up neatly in a compact case.
- Multipoint connection: For total convenience, Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless headphones can be paired with two Bluetooth devices at the same time. So when a call comes in, your headphones know which device is ringing and connect to the right one automatically. You’ll also be able to quickly, smoothly switch your headphones to either of the two devices at the touch of a button.
- Carry case with cable: The supplied carry case is durable and includes a cable for wired listening.
Sony WH-1000XM4 Pros & Cons
- Familiar, comfortable design and fit
- Good app, useful features
- Detailed, engaging, fun sound
- Excellent sound and top-notch noise canceling
- Improved voice calling
- New Speak-to-Chat mode
- No Qualcomm aptX codec support
- Looks virtually the same as the previous model